- 10:24 am - Fri, Jan 25, 2013
- 46 notes
OUYA CONTROLLER CHANGED DUE TO DEV FEEDBACK
We still have a ways before the retail release of the Ouya console but developers have been giving lots of feedback and it’s helping shape the final build. The Ouya Team put out a blog post yesterday to update what changes are coming to the controller’s final design.
- Ouya’s D-Pad will sport a cross design rather than be a flat disc
- Thumbsticks will have an added rubberized grip for better traction
- The Touch Pad final build material will be more responsive
- Trigger buttons are being improved with new design and mechanics
- Battery Bay will include a more snug fit and better pull tab
It seems late in the game to be making so many improvements on the final design but it’s nice to know the Ouya guys are taking the feedback with great care and using the opportunity to craft a better product for the market especially with so much new gaming hardware out this year.